Lighthouse - Gay Head
Original Oil by Linda Besse -12" X 9"
SOLD

The five lighthouses of Martha's Vineyard are a welcome sight to all who visit. The only red brick lighthouse of the group, this Gay Head lighthouse has warned sailors of the nearby shoals for more than 150 years. (The first lighthouse in this location was approved by President John Adams in 1799.) Recently moved back from the eroding Gay Head Cliffs, dozens of lighthouse lovers raced to save this historic structure.